Tips for Taking the NCLEX®
Information Provided by Kaplan Test Prep
Taking the NCLEX® exam can be... well, let's just say
stress-inducing. To help you out, check out our NCLEX®
questions and answers for the exam. And even though being nervous is completely
natural, we have a few tips that can help reduce your anxiety as the test date
Some Hot Tips
- Always keep a set of flashcards (whether bought or self-made) on hand in
order to make use of traveling/commuting time.
- Set up a feasible study schedule early and plan to stick to it. There is
nothing worse than wasting time feeling guilty for not adhering to an
impossible schedule. When doing problems, read all of the answers, not just
those you get right. This will reinforce your understanding as well as
ensure that your original mode of thinking was correct.
- As you go through problems, mark the ones you miss. That way, you will be
able to review those questions you had trouble with at a later date.
- Do not plan to spend every free moment studying. You need to reward
yourself for your hard work once in a while. Make plans to see a movie with
a friend, cook dinner, or take a trip to the gym.
- Bring energy food to the exam. A full day of testing can take a lot out of
anyone. Raisins, chocolate, and nuts are great snacks.
- The night before the exam, pull out all of your paperwork and make sure
you know where you have to be and at what time. Confirm any lodging and/or
travel arrangements you have made. And try to relax. You have studied hard
up to the test - passing is just a matter of calming down and facing the
exam in an objective manner.
- Make plans to celebrate after your exam. You will have earned it!
Copyright ©2000 by Kaplan Inc. NCLEX is a registered trademark of the National
Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. and is not affiliated with this site.