back to Home
Healthcare Staffing - Foreign Nurses
Alda proudly places qualified nurses Access from these overseas countries: Canda, Ireland, France, Austria, Philippines, Australia, India, Caribbean Islands, and South Africa.
.Our knowledgeable staff will assist you in understanding and fulfilling immigration requirements.
To be eligible for an employment visa, you must possess the following requirements:
- English fluency
- Bachelors degree of equivalent in Nursing
- Current nursing license in country of citizenship or residence
- Valid passport
- Valid VisaScreen (or CGNFS certificate). See below for more information
- Passing score on TOEFL/TSE (for nurses from non-English speaking countries). See below for more information
Under Section 343 of the IIRIRA (Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996), nurse applicants must qualify for a VisaScreen certificate as part of the application process. The cost of the VisaScreen certificate is approximately $325 USD.
If you are a CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) holder, this will satisfy the requirements of VisaScreen. Please note this is not a valid license to be a registered nurse in the US.
The VisaScreen process includes:
- - Assessment of applicant's education to ensure it is comparable to a US graduate in same occupation
- - Assessment of applicant English-language proficiency
- - Verification that licenses are valid and unencumbered
- - Verification that applicant has either earned a CGFNS certificate or passed the National Council Licensing exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). See licensure for additional information.
- You must obtain a VisaScreen certificate before Alda will consider you for a position with us. If you are
- from a non-English speaking country, you will be required to pass the TOEFL/TSE exam as part of the VisaScreen
After obtaining the VisaScreen certificate, the immigration process typically takes 6 to 8 months. Please know it may take longer in some circumstances.
Nurse applicants coming from countries other than United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, and New Zealand must meet an English language requirement. All nurses from other countries must take and pass the TOEFL and TSE English language proficiency exam. The cost of this exam is approximately $225 USD.
n addition, immigrant healthcare workers must demonstrate competence in oral and written English as shown by an appropriate score on one or more nationally recognized tests. These tests are commercially available, standardized assessments of English language proficiency. Foreign-educated nurses applying to the VisaScreen? program must satisfy the following requirements:
Take each of the three following tests administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS):
||Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 540 or (or 207 computerized) or higher AND
||Test of Spoken English (TSE) with a score of 50 or higher AND
||Test of Written English (TWE) with a score of 4.0 or higher
For more information about taking the TOEFL, TWE and TSE exams, as well as international test sites please contact:
Test of English as a Foreign Language
PO Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
IELTS (Academic Module ONLY): 6.5 IELTS Spoken Band: 7.0
Cambridge Examinations and IELTS International
100 East Corson Street, Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91103 USA
Tel: (626) 564-2954
Nurses who have graduated from a nursing program in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand and the UK are exempt from this English language requirement.
When these requirements are met, we will help you move on to the visa process. Please see Licensure/The NCLEX
Licensure and NCLEX information